"OK Google" not working on LG G2 Android 4.4 with keyword detection able and enabled

I have no idea if it has been disabled by purpose or if it was simply buggy, but the fact is that, on my LG G2 phone, the "OK Google" keyword wasn't recognized from the Google Now app or even when I was clicking in the search box.
The corresponding message didn't appear in the search box neither the microphone icon, even if the option was able and enabled in the parameters of Google Search.
mic icon legend from the google help center
As this option was working fine on my colleagues' LG G2 phones, I began to dig into the phone and the only difference I had noticed is that the firmware of my phone was a Taiwanese's one when my colleagues' one were European.
So I've downloaded a KDZ of the latest European version for the LG G2 16GB here (when I wrote these lines it was D80220D) and I've followed these instructions to install it on my phone.

Now the Google Now keyword is correctly recognized when I'm in the Google Now app or in the search box.

#1 #2

UPDATE 2014-06-04

As the problem has again occured after updating the firmware, I've finally found an other explanation:
The LG On-Screen-Phone notification system is somehow incompatible with the OK Google keyword detection.
To disable it, go to Settings > General > System > Accessibility > Services and disable the On-Screen-Phone notifications.

#1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolve "Cannot download packages whilst offline" issue in Deja-Dup backup software

ubuntu 20.04 / netplan / change mac address and static ip

wireshark ssh remote connect on linux server